Bariatric Medicine Institute Surgical & Medical Weight Loss Solutions,
Bariatric Research Specialist at Bariatric Medicine Institute,
- A prospective, multicenter, single arm study of the stomach intestinal and pylorus sparing (SIPS) procedure, grants by Medtronic, surgical soultions group.
- Clinical research supported by bariatric medicine institute.
- A prospective, single arm, non-randomize, interventional study to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of omental transposition surgery for patients with Alzheimer’s disease, grants by Bariatric Medicine Institute.
- A prospective randomized placebo-controlled cross over trial to assess the efficacy of Devrom (Bismuth Subgallate) and effectiveness on the quality of life in patients undergoing loop duodenal switch surgery (LDS), educational grants from The Parthenon Co, Inc.
- Dr. Surve has been an active researcher in the field of obesity since 2012.
- This first began with his work as a Research Associate and Medical Officer at Asian Bariatric and Cosmetics Pvt. LTD, Ahmedabad, India, under Dr. Mahendra Narwaria.
- Later, he even went to do his externship in Bariatric & Colorectal Cancer Surgery under guidance of Dr. Luc Lemmens in Belgium, Europe.
- He has clinical experience of working under reputed doctors, like Dr. Kelvin Higa and Dr. Keith Boone at Fresno Heart & Surgical Hospital, Fresno, California.
- During his externship, he also extended his research work in Pulmonary care at Fresno community hospital, where he coordinated Asthma and COPD projects.
- Once finished with his externships, he joined Bariatric Medicine Institute, Utah as a Research Coordinator under Dr. Daniel Cottam.
- Dr. Surve’s focus mainly shifted on various publications on Loop Duodenal switch/SIPS surgery.
- Dr. Surve has many publications of groundbreaking work using multivariate analysis to show how various pre-operative variables might affect weight loss with various bariatric surgeries.
- Dr. Surve also has various grants for coordinating research in the field of Bariatric.
- He has also presented his various researches works at well-known annual meetings of the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES) and American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS).
- He has made various surgical videos for patients, physician and has also published several video case reports in renowned journals.
- He is serving as an expert Reviewer for journal like IMedPub- International Journal of Digestive Diseases, Journal of Family Medicine and disease Prevention and Heath Economics and Outcome Research.